PROJECT NAME : Design and Tender Preparation, Bid Evaluation of Xayaburi Hydro Power Plant, Xayaburi, Lao PDR
Owner : Ratchaburi Electricity Generating Holding Pcl. (Thai)/ SK Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd., (Korea).
Client : –
Location : Bolaven Plateu, Lao PDR
Period of Services : 2011 – March 2012
Project Cost : NA
Scope of Services and Description of Duties :
The project is consisting of 2 Concrete Rock Fill dam Xepian-Xenamnoy 47 m high, crest length 1,250 m. and 75 m high with crest length 1,430 m. respectively, Headrace Tunnel of Ø 5.2 m, 13.6 km. long, Penstock of Ø 3.6 m. Hydroelectric Power Plant has 410 MW. The 90% or more electricity shall be sold to EGAT Thailand and 10% or less to EDL Lao PDR. 230 kV AIS Switchyard at Power plant, 230 kV Transmission Line between Plant and 230/500 kV Pakse Substation, and 500 kV Transmission Line between Pakse and Thai-Lao borders will be provided for transmission power to EGAT. 115kV AIS Switchyard will be provided for EDL. They are included with the control and protection system, and substation communication system.
ATT was responsible for conceptual design and specification of transmission system such as;
• 230 kV double circuit tower transmission lines with 2 bundle conductor, 1272 MCM/ACSR/GR distance approx 110 km.
• 500 kV double circuit tower transmission lines with 4 bundle conductor, 1272 MCM/ACSR/GR distance approx 60 km.
• 230 kV AIS Switchyard at Xe Namnoy Plant
• 115 kV AIS Switchyard at Xe Namnoy Plant
• 230 kV AIS Substation at Pakse
• Generator Transformers and Shunt Reactors
• 230 kV Control and Protection System
• 115 kV Control and Protection System
• Communication system for tele-protection and SCADA.